Thursday, March 1, 2012

Persuasive Articles

Okay, I know this is kind of late to be posting these, but I had enough requests for help finding articles that I figured everyone could benefit from looking through these. Also, as you check out the articles, skim over other articles on the same websites or by the same authors--you may find others that work well, too. Here are four, and there are more where these come from.

http://www.zcommunications.org/growing-gulf-between-rich-and-rest-of-us-by-holly-sklar

http://motherjones.com/politics/2003/03/against-wal-mart

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0501/campos042301.asp

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/24/magazine/24TV.html

5 comments:

  1. Thanks these articles helped a lot in choosing what to write my summary about. All these persuasive articles showed some sort of rhetorical appeals. I was not sure where in the textbook the persuasive articles were though does anybody know where they are?

    Marcus C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beats me. Pretty sure I'm just replying to get a post out of the way. (Probably not the most honest thing I can do.) I read a persuasive article for our second essay. It was by Al Gore about global warming (gag).

      Delete
  2. I already have my topic that I'm going to write about and it is going to be on electronic cigarettes. I already gave a speech about it in my public speaking class so I'm going to change it to fit the assignment. I know that Mrs. Whitby didn't want any recycled papers, but sometimes life to just too crazy that you are left with no choice. Sometimes recycled papers get even better as time goes on. What do you think about papers that get used over and over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did anybody learn more about a subject you have wonderd about by doing your persuasive paper?

    Amanda M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if anyone remembers the one passage in our readings about the Childhood obesity, but did anyone actually believe that its entirely or even mostly all the advertiser's fault? Or maybe the fact that because America is all about what only tastes good rather than reading the labels, I wouldn't mind if the government actually did impose a law for any and all fast food chains to have FDA approved ingredients and stricter hygiene policies. The fact that some of these chemicals even exist to preserve food freshness is appalling. That essay definitely persuaded me that the writer is blaming the wrong people.

    Rebecca B.

    ReplyDelete